Te Doy La Luna
“We like flowers, salt, sunsets, laughter, silk, rag dolls, the sea, kissing, wooden buttons, freedom, star gazing…the simple things, dream, run, sand, moon…. eating strawberries…” – says Ana Casat, founder of the charming children’s store Te doy la Luna, in Formentera, Spain.
Hailing from Barcelona, 15 years ago she fell in love with the Mediterranean island and went to live there with her partner, Andres.
The couple has 3 children: the older boy, Eneko, which is now 8 years, and two little girls, Aiko and Mei. Since the birth of the first child, Ana & Andres started researching for cool children’s fashion items but when Aiko was born, 6 years ago, they ventured and opened their own store.
The range of clothes and accessories is carefully and personally selected by the couple: “When the boxes of new stuff arrive it is a magical moment for me!” – explains Ana.
Spanish established brands and new fashion labels are showcased together in the beautiful and lightly space, which is “the result of chance and the concern about beautiful things!“
1. How have you found the name of your store? Is there an anecdote to tell?
The name came up after the birth of my second daughter Aiko. It includes the unconditional love that parents feel towards children. The logo is special since it is the work of our son Eneko who is a great little artist!!!
2. How would you describe the concept of your store?
The result of chance, the concern about beautiful things, our passion for Formentera and love for our children…
3. Which labels did you present from the beginning and which are the latest new labels you added?
We started with Tocotó Vintage, Little Creative Factory. Last year we introduced Motoreta and recently Bobo Choses, Picnik, Yporqué.
4. You’re based in Formentera, what’s the best place for kids there?
The beach… in the late evening a walk through St Francisco where you could get an ice cream in the Church Square.
5. How fashion oriented are your children?
Fashion for us and our children is a way to express personality and mood. We have three children with three different personalities and three different styles!!! They are accompanied a bit by our criteria but sometime they run the risk getting somewhat bizarre … 😀
6. Do you have a hint for parents when shopping for their kids?
That shopping is a moment of leisure.
7. What was your favorite outfit when you were a child?
Jumpsuit & boots.
8. What are your plans for the future?
I will continue investigating and looking for nice things, expanding the selection of accessories, toys and jewelry.
10. Kids and Internet… what do you think about it?
In all areas but always under parental control!
11. Please complete this sentence: kids should always…
Te doy la Luna
Carrer de Marc Ferrer 11
Sant Frances Xavier – Formentera
Have a look at: