YOUR NAME: Carolina Castiglioni
BORN IN: Switzerland
LIVING IN: Milano
YOU ARE WORKING AS: Special Project Creative Director of Marni
PLEASE DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN FEW WORDS: I’m creative, instinctive and determined in my work…
Yes yes yes… style is pulsating through all veins of 33-year-old Carolina Castiglioni, one of the most sophisticated but extremely modest Milan trendsetters… no wonder… as Italy’s quirky, eccentric fashion brand MARNI was founded by her parents Consuelo and Gianni Castiglioni. Carolina loves to gravitate towards vintage design… She is married to Architect Federico Ferrari… they have a little son: Filippo. Carolina’s other babies: Marni’s blog “waffling” and “anticamera” Marni’s online magazine… as well as Marni lab… the international workshop that concentrates on inspiring artist collaborations…
1. Tell us about your role at Marni and the projects that you are working on:
I’m the Special Project Director of Marni. One of my first projects that I followed after my experience as a buyer for Marni mono brand stores was the creation of Marni Online Store. We were the first, supported by Yoox, to create a real www.marni.com online shop… offering our entire selection of ready-to-wear products and accessories. We wanted that online shop to be as similar as possible to the real shop and tried to create amazingly inspiring and intimate shopping experiences…
Now we are working at MARNI PRISMA, the project for celebrating Marni’s twentieth anniversary along 2014 and 2015.
3. Which children’s brand you just love?
I like a mix, I don’t have a favourite brand.
4. Your favourite children’s book?
I love “The book with a hole” from Hervé Tullet as well as “The Happy Little Yellow Box” from David Carter.
5. Which museum even kids would spend hours in?
Milan’s “Museo della Scienza e della Tecnica” is fantastic!
6. Is there one children’s shop which has put a magic spell on you?
It’s Fao Schwarz in New York.
7. As a child, do you remember one special item you had been wearing almost day and night?
I always used to wear a colourful plastic headband. It was thin with a little side bow. I really loved it!
8. The best place you had recently been with kids?
Just last weekend we were in the mountains, in Celerino, near St. Moritz , that is really an enchanted place kid’s love…
9. Restaurant you recommend?
Cascina Cuccagna – Un Posto a Milano
10. The one family ritual you cherish the most?
11. Children should be raised with…
SS15 Online soon
SS15 Online soon